Given that this whole project is about horror, the supernatural and conspiracy theories, let me make one thing very clear from the outset, I am not one of these people who believe in everything. I do not consider myself a conspiracy theorist, rather I find myself fascinated by them and the way they form, especially when they seem to go to greater lengths than any conspiracy to be justified.
I don't believe in every supernatural story I hear, although in a lot of cases (to paraphrase the X-Files again) I'd like to believe, everything has to be tempered by evidence.
I guess, what I really like is the unknown, which is probably why I became drawn to horror stories, conspiracy theories and the supernatural in the first place. The RPGs I've enjoyed the most as a player, are those where the truth behind the world is revealed in small chunks, with dawning realisation coming as a true joy (but more of this in an upcoming podcast episode).
Of course, everyone has a different opinion and I value this, but please don't expect me to automatically support every ghost story or creature tale I come across. I'm neither a Mulder nor Scully, just someone who has had a fascination for the unusual as far back as I can remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment