Music has always been a big part of my gaming experience, so when I first started podcasting, it became a part of that also. however one of the biggest challenges I faced with Project:Shadow was finding a suitable theme tune.
You would think I'd remember a detail like that before setting out to select a theme for this new project, wouldn't you.
Of course not.
With podcast and video segments to take into account, the right music became all the more important and I wanted something not only to suit the subject matter, but also capture some of the energy and sense of fun I hope to bring and stay distinct from other shows I'm sharing genre-space with.
I started listening to music through the "podsafe" sites almost two months ago.
Tonight I spent some time on freemusicarchive.org, looking through a potpourri of genres and found quite a few candidates (certainly some that will appear in the shows at some point). Then, finally, I found it. A tune that caught my attention immediately and virtually taunted me to use it. Well, it now sits on my hard-drive ready for use.
I'll say no more yet, you'll have to wait for the full unveiling first, but I'm very happy with this and it means another part of the project is hammered down now.
No comments:
Post a Comment